On Tue, 19 Dec 2000, Jamie Ostrowski wrote:

>    Thanks for the tips. I did sign up with techies.com and have had a
> couple of pretty good entry level positions sent to me, but after sending
> my resume, I never heard much back. I think my main problem is I don't
> have any experience, so I am hungry for anything, and getting a little
> nervous with bills stacking up. I also signed up with the TCLUG-JOBS list
> but haven't gotten much there. I don't know, maybe it is my resume. If
> anyone would be willing to give criticism on it, or offer advice, I would
> REALLY appreciate it VERY much. I have a copy of it online at
> http://www.linux-laboratories.com/resume.html

Another place I found is a site called brainbench
(www.brianbench.com) which offers "certifications" for different thinks
like PHP, Perl, *nix Administration via a web-based test... it sounds
cheesy because people could cheat on it, but the tests I've taken I have
done without any external help, and i have had a couple headhunters call
me regarding the brainbench test results... so i guess that's worth a
shot, too.

tony