sounds like either a sound driver problem, or your irq of your soundcard
overlaps with something else.

do a
cat /proc/interrupts

Look to see if the irq of your soundcard has another device listed for it
also.  My sound would skip during heavy network activity, and it turns out
that my irq of eth0 was the same as the soundcard.

Jay