"Austad, Jay" wrote:

> Anyone know how to do adapter teaming with a couple of EEpro or 3c905's?
>
> I have a server that I need to put 2 NIC's in for redundancy.  If one fails,
> the other one will still need to carry traffic.  Assigning 2 ip's is not an
> option.
>
> I know you can do this with NT/2000 (blech), but how do you do it with
> Linux?
>
> Jay

Jay,

Why is temporarily assigning 2 ips not an option?  This is the way
Siemens did it.  A very small heartbeat program communicated to one card
and when there was no response the program reconfigured the secondary
ethernet card for the primary network.  Simple, inexpensive, effective.

Matt.
--
Matthew Thoren, MTT Computer Consulting Inc.
2633 Fremont Ave. North, Minneapolis, MN 55411