helo blah
250 mnmai05.mn.mediaone.net Hello claudius.cs.umn.edu [128.101.33.101],
pleased to meet you
mail from:sdier at cs.umn.edu
250 sdier at cs.umn.edu... Sender ok
rcpt to:dieman at ringworld.org
550 dieman at ringworld.org... we do not relay mail--please check your mail
before sending mail from outside of the MediaOne network.

> 2. Failing to respond to ORBS to stop spammers.

Did ORBS make a phone contact with Mediaone?  Did they even attempt to
get a response, or did they auto-spam all the addresses they could with
their stupid automated scanner?</bias>

> 3. Not submitting thier cable modems and dialups to DUNs.

They only have cable modems.  And non-submission is not a good reason
for it.  The maps DUL says that they do add DUL entries as they find out
some block is a dialup/cm/etc.

Really, we should block all DSL lines too.  Only registered (hey,
perhaps ARIN can charge for this) and properly certified smarthosts
should be allowed on the internet.</sarcasm>

> This has nothing to do with you, it has to do with your ISP.

No, it all has to do with ORBS policy.

> I want to make this very clear, ORBS does not single out inviduals, it singles
> out IP addresses or blocks of IP addresses.

Why dont they limit it to individual ARIN registrations, and not the
whole shebang?

Scott Dier <dieman at ringworld.org> #linuxos at irc.openprojects.net
http://www.ringworld.org/  finger:dieman at destiny.ringworld.org

"Kupo, kupkup, kupopo...  Po... Kupo!?  KUPOPO!!!
	<Chomp chomp> Kupooo."
		-Moguta (FFIX)