I broke down and bought the MS Optical trackball today.  IT ROCKS!  It's
super smooth, works awesome for Quake, and has 5 buttons and a scrolly
wheel.  Though I have to modify my XF86Config yet to make all my buttons
work.  Much better than my trusty old Logitech trackman marble.  I'll be
buying some more tomorrow for work.

Now I just have to rip it apart and install one of these sweet blue leds I
have sitting here.  :)

Jay