The list does not allow posts from addresses that are not subscribed, I just
tested it.  These spammers are actually subscribing to the list.  Tedious
for the spammers maybe, but if you think about how many people each list
address is worth, it's probably worth it for them.

All they really need to do is grep for "\-list" in their lists of addresses
that they harvest and write a script that subscribes to all of them, and
have something that autoreplies to them.  Not hard.

ORBS or MAPS is probably the only real solution for this.  Baseball bats to
the kneecaps might work also, but then you have to find out where they live.
:)

Some email programs have spam filters built in.  Outlook does, but it
doesn't work very well.  Most of the emails from managers at my company show
up as spam.  Maybe that's not a bug though....  hrm..

Jay