At 09:03 PM 12/9/00 -0600, Andrew N. wrote:
>I have a question about spam, you know how the spam comes from some email
>adress right? for example <mailto:qxeye at jyrki.com>qxeye at jyrki.com but when
>you try to send an email to that adress I get an undeliverable response.
>My question is Is that a reall email adress that becomes active to send
>the bulk email and then becomes innactive again. Or is that just a fake
>made up address that they mannaged to forge the email headers with? Or do
>they just take some poor shmucks adress and use it?

Spammers forge headers, abuse open relays,  obfuscate URLs,  use redirect
sites,  use encrypted javascript, etc. But this isn't a spam mailing list,
so I'm going to stop before I get started. (ok, ok, the "Live like the RICH
spam should be reported to abuse at bellatlantic.net)

Some resources, in no particular order:

usenet: news.admin.net-abuse.email
http://www.ews.uiuc.edu/~tskirvin/nana/
http://www.cauce.org/
http://www.abuse.net/
http://www.samspade.org/d/

Finally, and most importantly, see this URL and follow the instructions for
Outlook Express 5. Thanks.
http://www.houghi.org/