Bill Layer wrote:

> Is anyone on the list running Linux on Macintosh hardware, either 68K or PPC?
> I'm getting ready to start playing with Mac68K Linux, and I was looking for
> some *local* advice & feedback on using Linux on the Mac.
>
> So far, it looks like Debian is the only game in town..?

Linux on Mac 68k is pretty hit or miss last I heard. Some models work,
some are missing vital drivers, and then there's the FPU thing. There's
a working 030 FPU emulator, but apparently none for those damn LC040's.

Give it a try, if it doesn't work on your particular Mac give NetBSD a
try. Its been around far longer and has been stable for years. At least
thats what I'm told...

PPC is much better supported. Take a look: www.linuxppc.org