Hi Jon,

> Can you describe the stand-off parts - - metal or plastic, shape,
> dimensions, etc.?

No, as I have never seen them. The holes into which the fit, are rectangulat,
about 1/4" x 1/3". A woman working at Tran Micro on University was kind
enough to give me a handful of metal standoff parts, that were more on teh
order of 1/4" square. It was fruitless, they didn't fit.

I'm pretty sure they are metal, as there wouldn't be any hard chassis
grounding of the board if they were all plastic. There is only one type of
hole, so I assume that the parts are all one style.

> If it's what I suspect, plastic rod stock, properly treated with saw and
> drill press, might suffice.

It's just like a motorcycle. There are plenty of ways to fake it, but nothing
is ever as sweet or easy as the OEM parts. If I have to engineer something,
it's going to involve washers, screws, standoffs and JB-Weld. :)

--
Bill Layer

<b.layer at vikingelectronics.com>