If it's what I suspect, plastic rod stock, properly treated with saw and drill
press, might suffice.

Jon

"Bill Layer" <b.layer at vikingelectronics.com> on 12/07/2000 12:00:49 PM

Please respond to tclug-list at lists.real-time.com

To:   tclug-list at lists.real-time.com
cc:    (bcc: JON STIGNANI/spps)
Subject:  [TCLUG] ATX case hardware problem (need parts)

Arrgh! I picked up one of the translucent blue ATX cases (looks a little like
a MacG3) a few months back. It was missing the internal hardware, but I
figured it was no big deal - hardware is hardware. Here is a pic of the case:

http://www.transnet-inc.com/CaseAquaBlue.html

Well, it turns out that this case uses PROPRIETARY hardware, most annoyingly,
the mounting standoffs for the motherboard. Unless I can find a handful of
these 2-cent parts, this $100.00 case is going to be a doorstop (and I
already own plenty of those). I wrote the people at the above site, and they
responded with "Sorry, but we cannot sell them (the parts) to you". No
further explanation.

Does anyone know where I can get enough of these standoffs to mount the
board? maybe from another builder that had extras?

Or plan B - could someone suggest a good case from Tran / GNS that would be
suitable for a hardware hacker like me to build a Duron 700 system in? Will I
*need* a 300W supply? (I plan to u/g to a 1.2 or better T-bird in a year or
so...)

P.S. Plan B sucks.

--
Bill Layer