It's filesystem corruption. I've had that happen to many files
before. If its bad enough then fsck can't fix it and you'll have
to re-format. The wierd file permissions, uid, gid, and major/minors
are a result of random numbers being written into the bytes for
the files's i-node. Try fsck, but my guess is you'll have to re-format
because you cant even delete files messed up like this. They could
also spread like a virus to the rest of the partition (figuratively,
not like an actual virus) further corrupting other fs entries.

Jason