> I was given the impression that the Intel 2100 aDSL modem is
> an HSP design
> aka Win Modem. Can anyone confirm or deny?

I seem to remember reading the same thing somewhere.  I know Cisco makes one
of these PCI cards though also.  I wonder if Cisco's is built the same.  I
know USWorst switched to Intel from the Cisco card, I assume to cut costs.
If the Cisco card was alot more expensive, there may be a good chance that
it's not HSP.  Of course, it's Cisco and subject to price inflation because
of the name.