Ok, this seems like a dumb one, but I need some opinions. I got into a
discussion (let's call it that) with someone yesterday who insisted that the
"RAID controller" on the ABIT KT-7 RAID is not actually a hardware RAID
controller, but rather a plan-old ATA-100 controller chip, with a "RAID
BIOS".

I'm totally confused... is it, or is it not a hardware RAID controller? What
would qualify (and for that matter, disqualify) hardware RAID status? I've
read many comments and reviews on this board, and none made a peep about this
issue.

Anyone?

Billbo