On Mon, 4 Dec 2000, Ben Kochie wrote:
> I think it's not more of the noise, but the feel, the noisy keyboards
> genearly have a better feel, of something actualy hapening when you type..
> plus some of us have to look at a 2nd source of information when they
> type, and can't look at the screen to see what they just typed.. it's the
> full feedback thing.. plus, from what I've seen, most of the soft-key
> keypads can be sticky, just low-quality crap.. makes it hard to type on.
> at work I have an old IBM AT thing, with the removeable keycaps, I pop all
> the caps off, and dishwasher them everyonce in a while.. I don't
> dishwasher the whole keyboard tho..

I'm on a HP keyboard right now.. it's not really clicky, but you can hear
each keystroke, and feel it.. I much prefer this over the old IBM
keyboards where you have you slam each key down.. I can type a helluva lot
faster.  :)

Plus, the noise of the keycaps just makes you turn the music up louder..
which I'm sure would piss off my neighbors back here (*waves to chad and
carl*)