> Well, to make a long story short, Tyan sucks. I got an ASUS instead and it
> works a LOT better. Lets you assign specific IRQs for each slot. Yey!

When I was shopping for a mainboard two years ago, I settled on the Tyan
S1590s (Trinity 100AT). It was well reviewed (...), but it was also the most
expensive of the Super7 boards. I had issues with the board from day one;
some PCI cards would not work in some slots, one ISA slot was totally
useless, the USB header was impossible to find - and Tyan wanted a fortune
for it and the onboard CPU monitoring hardware was.. well let's just say that
'flaky' would have been a big compliment. The temp & voltage readings would
swing wildly, setting off alarms every few minutes.

Tyan's support was totally unresponsive to my questions, and eventually I
just had to 'make do'. Tyan did eventually address the issue with the cpu
temp hardware - in the final version of the S1590s BIOS the monitoring
functions disappeared alltogether. Nice approach, guys. Tyan also failed to
mention this 'fix' in the update info that came with the new BIOS. What a cop
out. Is that what I paid for?

In my frustration, I posted to harware.mainboard.tyan a message titled 'Tyan
tech support is a sad joke'. Which drew some agreement, and a very testy
response from a person claiming to be from Tyan, and admonishing me for
taking such an approach... I wonder if it is company policy to flame
disgruntled users. Anyway, I decided then that I woudn't buy another over
rated Tyan product if my life depended on it.

Yesterday, I placed an order for an Abit KT-7 RAID & Duron 700cpu. We'll see
how this foray into the supposed 'high end' treats me.

Bill