Real Time rents the physical line from Qwaste between the user and
Real Time. Qwaste OWNS the line and equipment and has the final say
over what goes over those lines.If they say the lines cant be used for
DSL, the user or ISP has no say.

Its a crock of shit that they are changing their story like this but it doesnt
surprise me. Regardless of the fact that Qwaste bought USWaste, its
still USWaste running things (the same mgmt) and they have been
worthless for service--especially to home users. I've fought with them
time and time again. Im moving down the hall in my apt here this weekend
and they will most likely have my DSL down for a month even though I'm
not even leaving my building. 10 mins from a tech to move a few wires
in my apt basement and it would be done. Im gonna get screwed.
They are just shit for customer service.

What the twin cities needs is a class-action lawsuit against them to wake
them up. Anyone gets one going and I'm in!!

Good luck.

At 05:44 PM 12/1/00 -0600, you wrote:
>Been running into this lately, so I thought I would ask the collective
knowledge
>of the LUG this question:
>
>How do you explain to people the difference between a Telco and an ISP?
>
>The people are totally newbies and very, very non-techincal.
>
>The situation I am in is a client lost their DSL service from USWest.
After days