Hi,

Mozilla (and Netscape 6) use .XPI packages for additional components, such
as PSM and Java. Once you have installed Mozilla, you can point to an XPI
file via URL (or load it from the local drive) and it'll get installed.

I'm making a nice little "Download And Install Mozilla Nightly
Build" script, and would like to automatically add PSM and Java rather
than have to install them myself.
I can download the XPI packages (from
ftp://ftp.netscape.com/pub/netscape6/english/6.0/unix/linux22/xpi), but
have found no commanline way to install them. THe only thing I found is
actually running mozilla and giving it the file/url as the argument,
except that then actually runs mozilla and asks you to click OK.

I know you can disable confirmations but I don't want to do that - plus I
want this to run even if it can't get into X for some reason.

.XPI files are just ZIPped files, with an install.js file in them. Dunno
if that helps or not...

Anyone get this done? I found no help on mozilla.org.

-Yaron