On Fri, Dec 01, 2000 at 11:49:29AM -0600, Dave Sherohman wrote:
>On Fri, Dec 01, 2000 at 11:40:23AM -0600, Ben Lutgens wrote:
>
>Interesting...  multipart/signed is plain text, but multipart/alternative
>isn't...

The keyword there is alternative, in order to read the text I need to use
another menu and explicitly "view" the attached text. My multipart doesn't
make up the body because my mailer complies with the RFC standards for
exchangine encrypted email. In fact the guy who wrote my mailer also wrote one
of those RFCs. You do know what an RFC is don't you?

It's a generally accepted (can't remeber rfc number) way to sign messages. and
it doesn't make it impossible for people to read the mail easily.

When you windows users send mail to a linux related list, and someone like me
who uses mutt tries to read that mail, there is no proper "body" of the
message. Hence we have to view the attachments.

It's irritating, and I asked you nicely to please post in plain text to the
list. I don't think that's too much to ask. It might take you a second or two
to set the address for the list to "Send plain text only" in your address
book.

--
Ben Lutgens		cell: 612.670.4789	http://www.sistina.com/
Sistina Software Inc.	work: 612.379.3951