Timothy Wilson wrote:

> I'd be interested to hear about any XML projects that people are working on.
> (TCLUG meeting topic?) I'm just beginning to wrap my brain around the topic,
> and I'm sure that there are others would be interested in what you're doing
> with XML.

The project I am currently is not molded around XML but it is a key
technology.  I am working on a project where we are integrating a
company's backend systems in a vertical industry exchange.  When a
customer requests information or submits an order, that request comes to
us as an XML document.  The first step in the process is to transform
the document from the exchange format to an internal format.  This way,
the middleware can support multiple exchanges by adding stylesheets
specific to each exchange.  Once the request has been completed, the XML
document is returned to the exchange.  However, before the document is
returned, it is transformed from the internal format to the exchange
format.  The reason for this is the same as the incoming transformation.

As the project moves forward, the custom-built middleware will be
replaced by a packaged solution.  I would assume this packaged solution
would rely on XML as well.

--
Perry Hoekstra
E-Commerce Architect