That's not a "solution" though.  Sure it lets you telnet in as root, but
telneting in as root is the problem to begin with.  If any distro allowed
me to telnet in as root, I'd consider it "broken" and would "fix" it by
adding that line to /etc/inetd.conf or disabling telnet.

My $.02,

Gabe

On Fri, Aug 25, 2000 at 02:37:00PM -0500, Troy Schmidt wrote:
> Great information as a newbie studing Linux I did not understand why I could
> not telnet in as root either, I tried Chad's suggestion and got right in.

Gabe Turner				       |  	   X-President,
UNIX Systems Administrator,		       | Assoc. for Computing Machinery
U of M Supercomputing Institute for	       |    Univerisity of Minnesota
Digital Simulation and Advanced Computation    |       dopp at acm.cs.umn.edu

"Be nice to him [Kowalski] because he's the product of your loins!" -- Stimpy
"My fake loins!!" -- Ren Hoek
				- Ren takes on fatherhood in "Fake Dad"