Adam Maloney said:
> The only reason I could see more than 256k is if you're planning on
> transferring large amounts of data from more than 1 place simultaneously.
> Most things you download won't be able to peg a 256k DSL line (or the ISP
> on the other end or backbone won't support it).

I have to disagree with you here.  I have (and am quite happy with) a 256k
DSL connection with Visi as my ISP.  Although there are some that run slower,
the majority of my downloads consistently report transfer rates of ~25.3
kB/s.  When you factor in overhead for packet headers, error correction,
etc., that's extremely close to 256 kb/s, so, yes, I do manage to peg the
connection fairly frequently.

Geek Code 3.1:  GCS d- s+: a- C++ UL++$ P+>+++ L+++>++++ E- W--(++) N+ o+
!K w---$ O M- V? PS+ PE Y+ PGP t 5++ X+ R++ tv b+ DI++++ D G e* h+ r++ y+