We've got a server running CWMail here which works pretty well, and it can
be used in conjunction with other POP mail servers (and virt hosts, which
was an important feature for us).  It is a fairly small CGI and can be run
in an SSL server.  Maybe the new version will have more IMAP features...
www.netwinsite.com

Mark

> > I run a Linux server at home as a gateway, web server and e-mail
> > server.  For e-mail I use sendmail and a POP3 server.  Is there an easy
> > way to enable access to my e-mail via a web interface?  If there's no
> > "easy" way, does anybody know where  I should look for the involved
> > method?  Thanks!
>

> Well, the "easy" way is to install ssh, use elm, and forget the web thing.  That
> is, if safety is the sort of thing that matters to you.
>
> Freshmeat.net abounds with good web/e-mail programs.  "imp" is one I've used,
> and it seems pretty cool.  However, you'd probably want to run it over a secure
> connection lest your password get snooped, which means installing mod_ssl or
> something similar...

ReadyNET Go!, Inc.  -  Building your Business on the net

Mark J. Kroska
MIS Director

320.656.0765 Voice
888.447.3239 Toll Free