On Tue, Aug 15, 2000 at 04:31:15AM -0500, Perry Hoekstra wrote:

> Dave Sherohman wrote:
> >Try Ctrl-Alt-F1 to get to a text console from the xdm login screen.  (Or from
> >anywhere else in X.)
>
> Thank you.
>
> I seem to have somehow horked up my mouse.  If I used /dev/psaux in
> XF86Config, the mouse pointer just sits there, no movement.  If I use
> /dev/mouse, then the mouse flies around almost at random.
>
> I did a ps-ef and saw /usr/sbin/gpm -m /dev/psaux -t ps2 -Rms3
>
> So I know the mouse interface manager is up.  How would I know if I have
> started a process that is interfering with gpm?

You might want to uninstall gpm (dpkg -r gpm).  You are supposed
to be able to run gpm and X with your mouse at the same time, but
I've had problems with it before.  And if you don't use your
mouse in virtual consoles (I don't), then you don't need gpm.

--
Jim Crumley                  |
crumley at fields.space.umn.edu |