Ok, here's the situation.  Here at work, my boss wants us running gdm on
our linux boxen so that our users have a way to choose different
environments (xdm chooser is a pain to setup).  Well, much to my dismay,
gnome seems to completely ignore ones .xsession file and pops up running in
gnome when you choose the default login (this is on RedHat 6.2, BTW).  What
I need, is a way to tell gdm to just start fvwm2 _without_ gnome when the
user chooses the default session.  So far, I've setup the following:

in /etc/X11/gdm/Sessions

[root at xxx Sessions]# ls -l Fvwm2
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root           46 Aug 11 13:33 Fvwm2

[root at xxx Sessions]# cat Fvwm2
#!/bin/bash
exec /etc/X11/xdm/Xsession fvwm2

root at xxx Sessions]# ls -l default
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            5 Aug 11 13:33 default -> Fvwm2

Unfortunately, this just does what I described above - fvwm2 on top of
gnome.  Now, I know little about gnome, so that's why I need your help.  Is
there a way to have gdm just load fvwm2 _without_ gnome?  I'd prefer a way
to set it up in a users home directory - maybe a .gsession file?  I'm not
sure if gdm has this capability.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Gabe

Gabe Turner				       |  	   X-President,
UNIX Systems Administrator,		       | Assoc. for Computing Machinery
U of M Supercomputing Institute for	       |    Univerisity of Minnesota
Digital Simulation and Advanced Computation    |       dopp at acm.cs.umn.edu

"Be nice to him [Kowalski] because he's the product of your loins!" -- Stimpy
"My fake loins!!" -- Ren Hoek
				- Ren takes on fatherhood in "Fake Dad"