sooooo
i saw it on the installfest, some guys got it to work with
a desktop in a huge, roomy  3gig partition..i saw kde 2,
amazed i was in fact.
but I CANT GET THE DARN CD to boot, and even less, i
couldnt get the grafical install...some ppl was there and
saw that and they can probe (can they?) that we did as much
as we could to help that poor craptop get fed with that
*really unstable* caldera *meaning really unstable* (i note
a little ironic feeling on the air ;))
so, what i do its make a little mail to caldera's list and
they dont have a clear answer neither.i got the system, but
darn i didnt got those fancy x!!!!!
they said, XF86Setup doesnt work, so use the olde
xf86config...and put the file in /etc/X11/XF86Config-4
make sure you put the -4 thingy.
so i placed the file there and in /etc/XF86...-4
...im not going to put all the places where i put the file,
but it stills not going on and doesnt wat it and doesnt
want it.....
im at the point were unluckily i'll have to get formated
the partition and put up with a sad sad mandrake box...no
excitement if its not *unstable!!*
hell, times like this i wish i had a potato cycle 3 .....
:)
regards and see if you know something about it
javier

Pd:video card is virge MX so its clearly supported.remember
its a craptop, but dont send to the linux-laptop site that
they dont have nothing about it...