On Sun, 13 Aug 2000, Perry Hoekstra wrote:

> I am trying to use the generic SVGA server. I used the xf86config
> (XConfigurator under Debian?) utility in an attempt to configure X.
> However, when I start X, I receive the following:

I'm no expert, but you might try xf86setup. That's what I used for X
configuration on the laptop I'm using. That said, I did end up getting a
copy of someone else's XF86Config file (from the Linux on Laptops page) to
make it work perfectly.

You might try searching the site again for your particular video card and
downloading an XF86Config.

> Anybody who runs Linux on a laptop have any idea if there is anything
> special to get a mouse working.  I tried both Microsoft compatible and
> PS/2.  Is there a special program for touchpad configuration?  I had my
> PS/2 pluged-in when I tried this.

As far as I know, the touchpad uses the PS/2 driver. I didn't have any
trouble with that.

-Tim

--
Tim Wilson      | Visit Sibley online:         | Check out:
Henry Sibley HS | http://www.isd197.k12.mn.us/ | http://www.zope.org/