[VANILLA-L:1475] Re: [VANILLA-L:1474] loginfo examples

On Tue, Feb 16, 1999 at 05:06:17PM -0600, Bob Tanner wrote:
> Anyone have some loginfo scripts that will track all commits to the
> repository and email them?

Notify might be a better solution since it allows anyone with write access
to track changes to any file.  Sorry, I don't have examples, though, because
I've never used that feature of CVS myself.

If you want to bind it to loginfo, I suggest downloading and trying out
the auto ChangeLog generator.  I saw a link for it somewhere off the CVS
WWW site.  It automatically generates ChangeLog entries for each commit
that is made.  You could probably add a line at the end of the script to
mail it off to vanilla-l or something.  I haven't used this personally,
either.

--
Dave Ahn <ahn@vec.wfubmc.edu>        |  "When you were born, you cried and the
                                     |  world rejoiced.  Try to live your life
Virtual Endoscopy Center             |  so that when you die, you will rejoice
Wake Forest Univ. School of Medicine |  and the world will cry."  -1/2 jj^2
+