[VANILLA-L:379] Re: confused

This is distressingly familiar - I *know* that I encountered this very
same bug on bigbang and fixed it.  James, do you have a patch from me on
the stack for the next release that would help Bob?

The cause of the core is that the clue message gets set in the
clue_check() routine.  Later on, if someone sends a message to himself,
it checks if it is a clue check message.  Observers had been simply not
getting the clue check called, and thus had a null string that caused a
core dump.

Bob, I'll mail you the redraw.c and cluecheck.c files I was running with
on bigbang, that fixed the logic behind this problem.

--
       Alec Habig, Boston University Particle Astrophysics Group
			   habig@budoe.bu.edu