[VANILLA-L:227] Re: Solaris VS Netrek Part 2

> Ok, After talking to Bob I found out I have been explaining the situation
> incorrectly. What causes the server to crash under Solaris 2.5.1/gcc 2.7.2
> is this:
>
> It's dropping (beaming down) armies out of t-mode, and dropping enough armies
> to take over a planet out of t-mode that causes the server to crash.
>
> If I remember right, there was a discussion here awhile ago about a
> patch to fix this?

This may be unrelated, but I had a similar problem when
I was running the server under solaris.  The server would vfork a robot
when a planet was taken out of T-Mode.  Unfortunaely, the vfork routines
never seemed to work correctly.  I finally gave up, and added a define
to config.h that macro'ed vfork to fork.

Hope this helps..