Vanilla List Mailing List Archive

Re: [VANILLA-LIST:2844] changing maxplayers

Quoting Trent Piepho <xyzzy@speakeasy.org>:

> if no one can think of a reason not too, I'm going to raise
> maxplayers to just 32 instead of 36.

Hmmm.  36 was chosen since it was 0-9a-z.

I'm too busy passing a kindey stone to remember why it was 36 as
opposed to 32 other than that, at the moment.

If you do change it, there's 2 places it needs to be changed.
config.h.in and ntserv/defs.h And a full make clean; make is required
in all directories.  The autodependencies are a little broken at the
moment, and defs.h is pervasive.

--Carlos V.