Vanilla List Mailing List Archive

Re: [VANILLA-LIST:2785] Vanilla 2.9pl4 Released (plus Red Hat Packages)

On 4 January 0 at 10:25, James Cameron <quozl@us.netrek.org> wrote:
> How do you examine the scripts?

rpm -q --scripts -p foo.rpm

> > you might consider making the changes to /etc and the symlink in
> > /usr/bin into install-time options.
>
> Why would this be necessary?

I was't thinking about conflicts with other packages.  I was worried
that some users might not like a game RPM setting itself up to run
after reboot.

> My only worry is /etc/rc.d/init.d/functions-games

Is this something you wrote?  If so, you should probably stick it into
the netrek script and add a comment "#should move to a separate file".
With luck RH will bundle the netrek RPMs with new releases and they'll
bless the name "functions-games".

-dave