Vanilla List Mailing List Archive

Re: [VANILLA-LIST:2785] Vanilla 2.9pl4 Released (plus Red Hat Packages)

On Fri, Dec 31, 1999 at 11:05:21AM -0500, David Swasey wrote:
> The server RPM seems to require redhat release > 5.9.  I use 5.2 so I
> can't test it for you.  I ignored the config RPM.

I specifically built it on 6.1 rather than 5.2 because I did not want
to add dependencies on old 5.2 packages.  I can build it on 5.2 if you
think it will be necessary.  I also recall a gmp problem, for which
I have a locally built package on my 5.2 system.  I'm wary of using a
non-virgin install for building packages with.

> The only file I wonder about is
> 	/usr/share/gnome/apps/Games/cow.desktop
> I assume this fiddles with the gnome equivalent of the windows start menu.
> Do other RPMS fiddle with gnome in this way?  I'd avoid doing it unless
> its common practice.  I don't use gnome so I can't tell you whether the
> muddling even worked.

Common practice.

# rpm -qilp gnome-games-1.0.40-2.i386.rpm|grep \\.desktop

Shows 12 such files.  There are other packages that do the same.

--
James Cameron   mailto:quozl@us.netrek.org   http://quozl.us.netrek.org/