Vanilla List Mailing List Archive

Re: [VANILLA-LIST:2700] Robot game results

On Tue, 19 Oct 1999 you wrote:
>Ran an 8 on 8 standard INL game last night, FreeBot on one side,
>TeddBot on another.  FreeBot won, 13-7-0.

Looks pretty like a robot game, lots of bombing and ogging.
Freebot seems to mave a dedicated SC bomber. Marvin usually uses 2-3 SC
bomber.

I quickly checked the source and found that in INL mode Marvin is supposed
to defend planets with armies, haven't really seen that in the game. There
are also special modes for a base. Guess one should send in an initial base
to get this feature used.

>And finally, a server side Cambot recording at:
>
>http://www.ccs.neu.edu/home/jeffno/bot_game.cambot.gz
>
>Speaking of Cambot recordings: Kurt, can you view them with Cow?  When
>I try to it locks onto differently players randomly.  When I use my
>own patched version of Cow it works ok.

Tried it and it works in principle, but verry laged. The actual lock is accepted
2 seconds later, which looks like random, but isn't. Don't know if it's
due to me having an P90 only running in full color mode or a general
problem.

Kurt (007)

--
Kurt Siegl / Franzberg 4, A-4483 Hargelsberg, Austria
Email: Kurt.Siegl@freemail.at  Tel (ISDN):   *(7225)7017