Vanilla List Maling List Archive

Re: [VANILLA-LIST:2233] End tourney stats problem...

On 31 March 99 at 16:23, James Cameron <cameron@stl.dec.com> wrote:
> Do you have DOOSHER=1 or DOOSHER=0 in your .sysdef file?

Nope

> Have you installed the patch to end_tourney.pl that Tom mentioned in
> message with subject line serial number "2225"?

Yep.  I made the corresponding update to daemonII.c (see below).

> (I'm not sure if it is already applied in CVS, as per my previous reply
> to Tom).

You did fix daemonII.c but there have been no updates to end_tourney.pl
since pl2.

Here are the changes made to the pickled inl server (otherwise it's
vanilla pl2):

* I installed Tom's patch from msg 2255.

* I checked out the latest daemonII.c (revision 1.15).  All I really
  needed was r1.12, where you shortened the INL kill messages for Tom.
  The changes between 1.12 and 1.15 seemed harmless.

* I checked out the latest newstartd.c (revision 1.12).  I did this
  when I beleived there were problems with newstartd in the pickup server.
  Seemed wise to fix both servers.

* I set DEFUPDATE=10 and SURRSTART=0 in .sysdef.

Tom has the log generated from last nights game and he's searching for
bugs in end_tourney.pl.  (The log is at http://pickled/netrek/results,
if anyone else wants to look.)

Having this fixed is important to me (I'm on team15 :) which is why I
applied the changes so quickly.  For now, I've restored the old daemonII.c
and end_tourney.pl.

-dave