Vanilla List Maling List Archive

Re: [VANILLA-LIST:2229] Re: [META:64] Error in last request..

> Someone found the other day a problem with the seed to the crypt() call
> used to store the passwords.  Does anybody remember the fix off-hand,
> and whether we should apply a permanent fix to the code base for the
> next release?  Is there an incompatibility problem?

There were patches included in message:
[VANILLA-LIST:2219] patch for getname.c, pledit.c; new tool

(http://vanilla.us.netrek.org/list/1999/Mar/msg00197.html)

Doesn't mention FreeBSD, just that the salt argument works differently on
solaris than on Linux.  So apparently it also works differently on FreeBSD.

Bob Campbell                    Unix System Administrator
Scientific Computing Division   National Center for Atmospheric Research
rsc@ucar.edu                    (303) 497-1815