[VANILLA-L:1271] Re: [VANILLA-L:1267] INL robot updates after test game one

On Thu, Jan 28, 1999 at 11:04:50AM +0000, James Cameron wrote:

> Tom, suggest you apply this patch to your working server, rebuild, edit
> the .ports and .sysdef files according to the changes to the docs/
> files, and restart the server.  Set INL=1 in .sysdef.

I can't seem to get this to apply properly.  It is patching sysdefaults.c
and sysdefaults.h, but the bit that it's looking for in sysdefaults.c
doesn't seem to exist, and I don't even have a sysdefaults.h.

Several of the other hunks succeeded (offset 3 lines).  It seems that
the patch must have been generated from a different code base than I
have.

I will manually attempt to fix those files where the fix is obvious.
But it looks like I'll need to resynchronize my code for tomorrow.

After looking at things, it looks like the only patches which didn't
work are the one which sets a couple of sysdef parameters if the INL
robot is running (which isn't important for tonight, I can just set the
params myself), but also this bit in sysdefaults.h:

***
  #endif /* DOGFIGHT */
    { "MOTD",           SYSDEF_CHAR,    Motd            },
    { "SHIP",           SYSDEF_SHIP,    NULL            },
+   { "REALITY",                SYSDEF_INT,     &reality        },
+   { "MINSKIP",                SYSDEF_INT,     &minskip        },
+   { "MAXSKIP",                SYSDEF_INT,     &maxskip        },
    { "",                       SYSDEF_END,     NULL            }
  };
***

which is probably related to 10 updates.  I don't have enough context to
manually apply this; I can't find anything that looks like this structure
anywhere in the ntserv directory.

I'll see if the server works.
 -Tom
+