[VANILLA-L:779] Re: [VANILLA-L:778] Distributing my cambot patches..

koconnor@acsu.buffalo.edu wrote:
> [...] I could
> break them up and send them over this list, but I'm not sure it is
> wise to fill everyone's mail account with 160K of code.  Would it be
> more appropriate to upload it to an FTP server somewhere?

No, I say use the list.  Then we get it in the archive.  We've had large
patches posted here before.

Wait for another vote though.

I'd prefer them by mail, to the list, as two patches ... one which {
changes socket.c to an empty file }, then one that { adds the new
code to socket.c, adds your new source file, updates the Makefile, and
inserts the new module into manifest }.

(You are welcome to compress this double patch using gzip and then use
base64 or a MIME mailer to encode it, assuming the end result is
smaller.)

--
James Cameron                                    (cameron@stl.dec.com)
Digital Equipment Corporation (Australia) Pty. Ltd. A.C.N. 000 446 800