[VANILLA-L:844] Re: [VANILLA-L:842] List of bugs/features (INL robot stuff)

koconnor@acsu.buffalo.edu wrote:
> The robot should really be woken up by the daemon with a signal (like
> the ntservs are).  Similarly, the INL robot should interact with the
> daemon in a more sane manner.  (But we don't want to have to dedicate
> player slots to these robots.)

Agreed.  I think I've said this before; the daemon synchronisation
feature should really be re-done so as to remove the correlation with
player slots.  There are other tools which would benefit, such as xsg,
and maybe the sequencer.  Mars and the hockey announcer probably don't
need to be "ships" either.

--
James Cameron                                    (cameron@stl.dec.com)
Digital Equipment Corporation (Australia) Pty. Ltd. A.C.N. 000 446 800