Vanilla List Maling List Archive

[VANILLA-L:697] Re: [VANILLA-L:679] Server code in CVS?

> > I see some CVS directories floating around in the source tree. Is the
> > server under CVS control?
>
> I see no CVS directories in my master tree, nor in manifest, nor in the
> tar file.

If we're at all interested in using CVS to maintain the server code,
we might want to consider setting up a CVS site for everyone to use.
We could even provide anonymous CVS service for the vanilla source tree
so others can maintain their server source without having to apply patches.

If you're not familiar with anonymous CVS it's used extensively by OpenBSD,
a flavor of NetBSD, to allow users of OpenBSD to update their source trees
with just cvs commands.

If you want more details on this, let me know.

Bob Campbell

ps - the list isn't processing Re:'d subjects correctly; it used to put the
     the Re: after the [VANILLA-L:###] and assign a new message number
     (according to my old list messages)  Not a high priority, though.
+
++ Vanilla-l Mailing List ++