[VANILLA-L:742] Re: [VANILLA-L:741] [VANILLA-L:736] Patches to patches

Bob Tanner wrote:
> Ok, I took James patches. Applied them to my baseline and build
> patches agains 2.7pl7 pristine code.

Hmm.  Not what I expected, but interesting nonetheless.

I was hoping you'd take the 2.7pl7 release, apply my patches to the
2.7pl7 release, and then build patches that would show the differences
between your current baseline and my interim 2.7pl8.  This was so we
could verify that all the changes you made got into my copy of the code.

My library is at interim 2.7pl8.

I took the patch you sent (:741) and applied it to a 2.7pl7.  This
should have given me a copy of your current baseline.

I then built a patch showing the changes between your baseline and my
library copy.  These changes are due to (a) patches by Kevin O'Conner,
and (b) changes by you that I suppressed.

My hope is that you will go through the changes that I suppressed and
confirm that they were immaterial.

--
James Cameron                                    (cameron@stl.dec.com)
Digital Equipment Corporation (Australia) Pty. Ltd. A.C.N. 000 446 800