Clue Pickup Archive

[CLUE-PICKUP] Preseason NIT game 1 recap/stats

Today's score: Feds 11, Oris 8, 5 minutes into OT

Upcoming games (6:30 PM Pacific time unless noted):

Thursday, 1/28: World vs. World, 10 updates!
Friday, 1/29, 6:00 PM: World vs. World
Monday, 2/1: OT practice--5 minute, 7-army games, 30 minute OT
Tuesday, 2/2: Golden Bears vs the World
Wednesday, 2/3: World vs. World
Thursday, 2/4: World vs. World
Friday, 2/5: World vs World

If your team wants to scrimmage vs. the World on any of these dates, contact
me and I'll pencil you in as the host.

Today's game had a few glitches; we had difficulty getting the server
to listen to ports in INL mode, and then it lost count of the number
of players on each side, so it wanted to have 9 oris and 7 feds.  But
other than that, the game play was mostly normal.  The 8 on 7 Ori
advantage kept them ahead for most of the game, leading by as much as
14-6 at one point.  But after we made some adjustments, got our most
lagged player bombing and ellis in base, we pushed back and took the
lead with a few minutes left in regulation, and nearly dropped for the
win in regulation.

We had another bug with the starbase going poof at the beginning of OT
(it counted the OT poof as a death), so we started OT without a base,
but Andrew got a quick kill and we won quickly.

PWstats are not working properly yet, but those which we were able to
generate are attached below.

I encourage all of you to join us tomorrow (Thursday) for the first-ever
10-update World vs. World game.  Come play some netrek and help us get
the INL Robot ready for the season.

Stats follow.

                      Vanilla INL robot PW stats

Home: IND  11  Home Team
Away: IND   8  Away Team

   Player       tek def tpd tpt tpb tab tac cak eao eck pck acc    Login
Rb Alice         40  65   2   3   4   0   0   0   2   2   0   0 ****@positron.cs
Ra Exodus!!!     49  37   2   1   1   0   0   9   0   0   0   0 exodus@evt4-135.
F3 FunkShowBrot 111  63   2   2   0   0   0   9   0   0   0   0 ****@ohaton.cs.u
F6 Grey Elf      41  29   1   0   2   0   0   0   5   3   0   0 markiel@leda.pas