Vanilla Clients Mailing List Archive

Re: [VANILLA-CLIENTS:198] Please Help newbie

On Die, 15 Feb 2000  Soulblighter wrote:
> i read the cow.doc and it said
> {{{{
>
>COW has the best and easiest to use installation
> procedure a client
> ever had.

 Sure it does :-)

> 1 *** If you are compiling COW and do not intend to
> release the client
>
> *** for public distribution with an RSA blessing,
> simply type:
>
> make

> 2.So i type make  at the BASH.EXE-2.02$  promt and i
> got the following
> ./configure
> make: /bin/sh: Command not found
> make: *** [system.mk] Error 124

cygnus has per default a non standard setup. So what you have to do
first to configure cygnus tools in a standard way is linking the cygnus bin
dir to /bin

	ln -s /path-to-cygwin-bin /bin

Note the cygnus bin dir is the one which contains a file called sh.exe.

> 3.CAN you please help me compile the source
> successfully?

simply type

	make

afterwards and it will work :-)

Kurt (007)

--
Kurt Siegl / Franzberg 4, A-4483 Hargelsberg, Austria
Email: Kurt.Siegl@freemail.at  Tel (ISDN):   *(7225)7017