TCLUG Archive

RE: [TCLUG:3846] rc5 speed on linux

	It's all integer math (so far as I know), but the newer rc5 clients make
use of the Intel MMX instruction sets, giving them a serious edge as far as
rc5 goes.
	The folks at distributed.net'll tell you though, that keycracking speed
isn't really a good measure of processor performance, though.  RISC chips
tend to suffer, for example, even though RISC chips are, so they tell me,
far more efficient at most computing tasks than x86's.