TCLUG Archive

Re: [TCLUG:3714] server SCSI error

You might be abel to eliminate this possibility if you look on the MB
(I assume somewhere near the SCSI connector(s)) for an adaptec chip
proclaiming "AIC7" with three numbers/letters following it. Maybe look
for a NCR chip if you can't find that. Good luck,

Troy

>>> Tim Wilson <wilson@chemsun.chem.umn.edu> 01/26 7:26 AM >>>
4. Installer is mis-identifying the SCSI controller. It says it's an
Adaptec 2740, 2840, or 2940, but maybe it's not. I can't find the
documentation right now to confirm what kind of controller it
actually is.