TCLUG Archive

Re: [TCLUG:3569] Matrox Mystique G200 AGP and X

> I got the Matrox Mystique G200 AGP video card, and I'm wondering if it
> will run under X. I can't make it work with the usual SVGA server; I don't
> know what I'm doing wrong. Is there a server that will work with this
> card, and if so, where do I get it? The XFree86 FTP site didn't have
> anything that looked right, and that I didn't already have.
>
> I'm sure the SVGA server should work on it, but I don't know how to make
> it. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Hmm..  Looking through the config options on linux-2.2.0-pre9, I see
there's an option for using Matrox cards as framebuffer devices.  It
even looks like they have accelerated code!  You may want to take a look
at that..  You'd need to get a framebuffer X server, though (XF68_FBDEV,
I think..  yes, that's 68, not 86)

--
|               Mike Hicks | Linux User Since: 1.2.13
: http://umn.edu/~hick0088 | mailto:hick0088@tc.umn.edu
`              icq:6883760 | Current Kernel: 2.2.0-pre6