TCLUG Archive

ssh & windows???

Hello all,

I've got a question regarding ssh.

I've got ssh2 installed & running on my Linux box, and have disabled almost
everything in inetd.  Basically, I would like to use only ssh for connecting
to it.

Is there anything available for my windows machines to talk to the Linux
box?  For example, sometimes I run a X server on the windows box, and start
a process on the Linux box - using the windows machine for display & input.

Normally to do that, I would telnet in, set the DISPLAY environment
variable, and then start the process.

Anyway for me to do this while still using ssh?  Are there "safe" ways of
connecting to my Linux box, from machines that don't have ssh installed on
them?

Any & all ideas are welcome!!

Thanks!!

Scott K. Johnson