TCLUG Archive

3C509B ISA

Hi,

I'm having some trouble getting my 3com 3c509b ISA card to work. I'm running
Debian 2.0 (kernel is 2.0.34). I have the same card working in my other
machines, which are running Slackware 3.4 (kernel 2.0.34). I'm pretty sure
there's nothing wrong with the card itself; everything works correct under
Windows.

I'm not sure, but I think I got it set so that the kernel loads the driver
as a module at boot. I can see something scroll by referring to the 3c509,
and I didn't see any errors reported, so I'm guessing that's setup right.

So far I've tried recompiling the kernel and playing around with isapnp. I
modified the isapnp.conf file so that the resource settings are identicle
and checked it twice for conflicts. My ISA modem is working fine, so I'm
guessing that's setup right too.

Does anybody know of anything else I could try?

Thanks.