TCLUG Archive

Re: [TCLUG:3250] WindowMaker 0.50.1

On Sat, 9 Jan 1999, Gabe Turner wrote:

> On Sat, 9 Jan 1999, Michael Hicks wrote:
>
> > > OOPS!  I meant to say it is in /usr/local/lib...  sorry.
> >
> > /usr/local/lib is in your /etc/ld.so.conf file, isn't it?  Or maybe in
> > the environment variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH?
>
> Yeah it's in there, but since it is a library I had to run ldconfig, and
> that got rid of that problem.  Though, now, I get a seg fault when I try
> to run wmaker.  I think there is something about that in the
> Trouble shootin' section of the INSTALL file.  I'll check it out.
>
> Gabe

OK, I figured out my problem here.  According to the install file I need
libXpm 4.7 but in /usr/X11/lib I only have libXpm.so.4.11 so I guess I'll
have to do a bit of an upgrade.  Does anyone know if I can upgrade the
Xpm libraries without having to upgrade X?  Currently I am running XFree86
3.3.2.3 released this past July.

Gabe