TCLUG Archive

Re: [TCLUG:3207] boot.img on floppy Help Please

You may want to format the drive using fdformat so that the boot sector on
the floppy is properly aligned with the drive.

`fdformat /dev/fd0H1440` <-- or your equivalent.

Then

`dd if=boot.img of=/dev/fd0`

You may, after all, have a corrupt floppy.

Peter Lukas
Math Systems Office
University of Minnesota