TCLUG Archive

Re: [TCLUG:2918] multiuser GUI w/o multi-X

On Wed, 23 Dec 1998, Chris Schumann wrote:

> Conversely, does Linux support multiple monitors a la Win98? Anyone
> working on it?

'Linux' per se has nothing to do with it -- it depends on what
implementation of X you're using, regardless of kernel. I believe XFree86
can do it; and I think there's even a HOWTO about it somewhere. Sorry I
can't give you a specific location, but the LDP site
<metalab.unc.edu/LDP/> is the best place to start.

Christopher Reid Palmer : reid@pconline.com : www.pconline.com/~reid/

"Luminous beings are we. Not this...crude matter."  -- Yoda